24/10/2011

illness

Pre-warning anyone who is beginning to read this post, this has not got anything to do with my Journalism course, it's really me moaning about the weekend i've had. So here goes, after being ill for over 2 weeks now you really would of thought I would of got even a tiny bit better. However, thanks to my body obviously loving me -more like paying me back for the number of take-aways and crisps i eat on a daily basis- it seems like my flu is only getting worse. I'm pretty certain during these past 2 weeks I've had everything, runny nose, cough, sore throat, sickness, fainting, headaches, aching, sneezing and annoying most people in my lectures or in fact everywhere i go by coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose constantly. Friday night I decided to go see Paranormal Activity 3,
Personally, although I hate scary films, I generally enjoy watching them to get a bit of a thrill. Much like everything else reckless I do. However, being ill and constantly hitting my head on the back of the chair due to jumping so much just didn't help anything. Not only due to being extremely terrified that Toby the ghost man would come find me in my house Friday night, i was constantly tossing and turning whilst having coughing fits in between. So fun!
Anyway, yesterday my cold/flu or whatever it is, took a turn for the worst when I began coughing so often it was clogging my throat and I was struggling to breathe. Being so worried about me, Mum had to rush me to the emergency doctors in Bitterne, and as she was panicking so much, managed to get us lost on the way even though we know Southampton like the back of our hand. Brilliant. After waiting in the faeces smelling waiting room for 2 hours we finally got to see the Doctor who told me; "to be honest there's not much we can do, coughing is good so do that." Yeah cheers for that Doc! Without undermining her, you would of thought she could of given me a bit more advice.


Still being no better, I have to miss my Media lectures and seminar today, which just leaves me to do even more work being this ill. On the upside, it does make me feel better that I'm living at home and commuting to uni, as I have my mum to run out and get me a Mcdonalds and make me hot chocolates!
Anyway, expect more posting today as I need to attempt to be productive instead of sitting around watching Harry Potter all day, which is what I normally do when I'm ill. Or watch Keeping up with the Kardashians, ooooh I might go do that now! Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages