21/10/2011

Dangling modifier mayhem

So, here is my new and improved 'what makes a good journalist' piece of writing and hopefully will be far more grammatically correct after taking out my dangling modifiers and wording issues.


In my opinion, dedication, passion and confidence make a good journalist. Having confidence allows journalists to deal with any heated discussions which often arise when being a journalist. From a young age, I have believed passion will get you very far, along with being highly dedicated. The reason these qualities would make a good journalist is because journalists often have to be very tough skinned; therefore by being driven, it allows them to get through any problems they face. Being opinionated is a quality which many journalists have, and without this, many stories would not be as interesting, as opinion is necessary to make a good story. All of the above reasons are why I think I would make a good journalist, as I believe I have all of the above qualities and as I am highly ambitious and dedicated it allows me to strive towards my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages