26/09/2011

The Boring Bit

Well, looks like i will be a frequent user of Blogger from now on due to my Journalism degree at Winchester University. Being honest, i did use Blogger previously, but only for blabbering on about my life, friends and school, nothing very interesting! So at least now I can actually be using this for a real purpose which will help me in the future.
Here goes the boring bit, hopefully and for my courses sake, many people will read this so here is a little about myself. The picture above is of (from right to left) my Mum, Grandma, Auntie and Me, then my Dad above. I have recently turned 18 (in August, so a baby in many peoples eyes) and have spent the past month wasting every penny of my money on alcohol and going to town; not forgetting buying outfits for town. However, in my opinion it was money well spent. Now i have started university, although I hope those hectic town evenings will still occur, i finally have something to focus on again and also (luckily for me) a place where i can write REAL factual information about my course and lectures, pieces on my favourite aspect of Journalism which is my ambition after this course; fashion. Oh, and maybe some drivel sometimes so I apologise in advance for any of that now!
I have begun reading McNae's Essential Law for Journalists both last night and this morning and I think i had forgotten how important Law was and is for Journalists. Without a doubt, the first page made me realise how important new media such as blogging and twitter is becoming for Journalists of the 21st Century and therefore how much I need to get into it myself!
My first lecture is today from 3-6 on the Key Concepts of Media so lucky for all of you (probably no-one) i will be updating this blog later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages