15/10/2013

Third and final year

The fact that I am in my Third and final year at university is so scary. Not only has it flown by, it's daunting to think that this time next year I will hopefully have a full time job!
For my first semester of being a third year, we are continuing WINOL and are now joined by the now second years. Unlike the past year where my role in WINOL was the editor of Absolute:ly, our online fashion magazine, I was put as the Social Media Editor. To begin with I was extremely nervous about my role as it's completely different to anything I have ever done before and had got very comfortable in my previous role. However, being too comfortable is never a good thing and now I am so glad to have a different role to last year as I am getting far more from the experience than I would of done.

My role for my final term on WINOL will entail keeping up to date on all of the social media accounts i.e. Twitter and Facebook. Not only this but it's important that I use each social media site to our advantage, by ensuring I target the right audiences on each site. I will also keep a close eye on our circulation statistics through Google Circulation, which will show how many views WINOL is getting daily, weekly and monthly, then from there we can compare to similar sites. This will therefore ensure we are doing the right things to stay on top form and keep WINOL at a high. Hannah, who was our social media editor last year did a fantastic job and I aim to carry on in her footsteps and hopefully help WINOL become even more popular than it is today.

I aim to keep my blog up this term, blogging a few times a week on Monday morning de-briefs, the WINOL bulletin de-brief and the Circulation statistics on a Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages