13/11/2011

Winol 9/11/11

I have to say, I was very impressed at the professional quality of this weeks Winol bulletin, especially after I had a few criticisms last week. Throughout the piece no laws were disobeyed which can portray the way the students working on Winol take it all very seriously - just as they should. To get it over and done with, i am going to point out a few negative comments which I think could of been improved. The first is although I think the student protest section was extremely informal and interesting, the background noise was very off putting and made it difficult to both concentrate and understand what the journalist was saying. Secondly, the camera shots throughout the fencing piece could of been improved on as sometimes they were too far away and may of been more effective using a closer shot. Apart from this, I was throroughly impressed with this weeks Winol so no more negative points to follow.


Now for my positive points, my favourite was the school report which I found informative and relevant, also being a bit of a breath of fresh air as it was a different story than normal covered on Winol (just that i've seen!). It also proved the professional quality of the team because they maintained the right shots and included specific things which would not breech any law relating to Children. Not only this, but the Chris Huhne interview was very impressive and was short concise and to the point which made it far more interesting than it would of been if it was different. I also have to add that Cara, one of the presenters I felt was extremely good and had a good clear voice for broadcast journalism.


Finally, the graduation was a great way to end the bulletin and it also had high relevance to the audiences of Winol. We would of all loved to see Chris becoming a professor though! The more I watch Winol, the more excited I am to be a part of it next year. Good work you lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages