08/10/2011

Shorthand Hell

Thank god for Barton Peveril College is all I can say! Luckily enough i've always known I have wanted to go into Journalism so I picked my college courses appropriately, and them having a Shorthand course was (as i have now realised) a god-send! Although I am having to spend 8 hours on a Thursday and Friday together on something I already know and have already acquired a speed of 40wpm, it is so nice to be able to have a head-start at something; especially in comparison to subjects such as Philosophy which I feel I am a thousand years behind everyone else. Consequently, both Thursday and Friday nearly sent me to sleep countless times and I ended up feeling like I was learning the English alphabet all over again. However, subtitute teacher Margaret who we had on Thursday, pushed my boundaries by personally testing me at 50wpm, which made me feel far more intellectually tested than in previous lessons.


I'm sat saying all of this, and over half of my classmates probably hate me due to how much many of them are struggling with Shorthand at the moment. But if any of you are reading this, I PROMISE it does get easier, it's all down to practice. Practice every day for half an hour like they advise and within 2 weeks you will find yourself being able to write it without any problems :)
Unfortunately, I've spent the beginning of this weekend feeling extremely ill which is absolutely no fun when trying to read more Russell, especially when being honest, I don't really have a clue what he is talking about most of the time. Hopefully as the course progresses this will change, otherwise I'm pretty stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages